Wound Care Center
Learn more about Wound Care at our Downtown location
The PVA Downtown Wound Center offers state-of-the art treatment provided by a multidisciplinary team of physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists. This includes podiatrists, vascular surgeons, physician assistants and nurses dedicated to the treatment of complex wound conditions. Our comprehensive style allows physicians and staff to collaborate on total patient health for optimal outcomes in wound treatment and amputation prevention, including:
- Wound Care evaluation, diagnostics with ongoing assessments and treatment
- Non-invasive vascular studies and lab studies
- Specialty wound dressings
- Bio-engineered skin grafts/substitutes
- Compression therapy
- Wound cultures, debridements and biopsies
- Treatment of wound, skin and bone infections including antibiotic therapy
- Patient and family education to improve outcomes and minimize re-occurrences
- Pressure off-loading devices and total contact casting
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Nutrition assessment and treatment
- At home Management
Dr. Heather McKenzie is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, and wound management. She bring years of expertise to PVA helping patients heal difficult wounds. Read doctor McKenzie’s bio here.
The PVA Downtown Wound Center provides same-day wound and vascular assessment to ensure blood flow is sufficient to heal existing wounds. If necessary, procedures to increase blood flow can be performed immediately.
Our goal at the PVA Downtown Wound Center is to provide proven approaches to improve healing rates and avoid amputation.