PVA reflects on some of the memorable moments of 2018
As we say goodbye to 2018 and kick off 2019, let’s take a minute to celebrate the wonderful moments our physicians, colleagues, patients and friends shared in 2018.
Our team at Peripheral Vascular Associates, which spans across San Antonio and the South Texas region as the largest single specialty vascular group in the nation, believes in upholding our company values and mission each and every year. Our mission is to continually work with physician colleagues in the management of vascular problems, to provide education to the community about the risk factors associated with peripheral arterial disease (PAD), and to maintain our position as the leader in vascular care.
Looking back at 2018 there were so many wonderful memories and new friends created throughout the year. Here are a couple of highlights we enjoyed.
- Throughout the entire year we made a considerable effort to educate the community on vascular care and disease. The PVA physicians participated in several media opportunities on the radio and television including interviews on La Nuesta, Telemundo San Antonio, Ask the Experts on 930 AM The Answer, Bobby and JJ Radio, and KENS-TV Great Day SA. The effort to educated didn’t stop there, PVA physicians also took time to record radio spots for the iHeart Medical Minute where they provided information in English and Spanish on P.A.D., Stroke, and Diabetes. Even though 2018 is over, that doesn’t mean the educational push will stop. Stay tuned in 2019 for some new educational videos.
- In March, we opened another clinic, located in Eagle Pass, TX. We are proud to expand our services and help those in need of vascular health care throughout the South Texas region.
- We celebrated the opening of our Downtown clinic with a ribbon cutting ceremony and open house in early April. We were grateful for the community support in building a healthier San Antonio, from the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce to our Centro Alliance members and many others who helped us celebrate this occasion.
- Dr. Edward Wolf, the 2nd physician to join PVA over 40 years ago, retired early July. We are grateful for the many years of dedication to his patients and staff and to his commitment to providing vascular education. Dr. Wolf will be missed but we are sure he is enjoying his retirement.
- Dr. Demetrios Macris was awarded the Baptist Health System Humanitarian of the Year award for his work with The Prosthetic Foundation, which he founded and serves as the board president. The Prosthetic Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides prosthetics to uninsured and under-insured amputees throughout the state of Texas.
- While San Antonio celebrated its 300th anniversary this year, the #Tricentennial gives PVA the opportunity to look deeper and more thoughtfully into the impact we have left behind over 43 years. One of the earliest founding families in the series of Spanish settlements between 1718 through the 1730s, are the ancestors of our very own vascular surgeon, Dr. Jeffrey Martinez.
- During November, PVA physicians and colleagues supported Diabetes Awareness Month by showing all the ways they try to live healthy lifestyles. We shared photos of our physicians and staff “walking the walk” of living a healthy lifestyle in hopes to inspire others to live healthier.
- Not just in 2018 but every year we are very grateful for our employees who are constantly striving to be the best. We were pleased to announce our 2018 Employees of the Year, from our Medical Center location, Jenny Lopez, from the Downtown office, Laura Rojos, from the Central Billing Office, Andrea Salinas-Cervera and from Veintec, Elisabeth Gonzales and Erika Flores. We also want to thank all PVA employees for their dedication to our patients each and every day.
- As we wrapped up 2018 we made one big announcement… We have announced the new location of our Medical Center clinic. The new proposed 17,000 square foot PVA Pavilion facility, scheduled to open in the Spring of 2020, will offer two imaging laboratories, vascular laboratories, exam rooms, and free parking. This location will offer easy access to comprehensive vascular care to patients from San Antonio and the surrounding areas such as Boerne, Hondo, Uvalde, Del Rio, and Eagle Pass.
We are sharing our Best Of 2018 photos with you to celebrate and acknowledge the little and big moments that make our vascular surgery group proud to serve the wonderful city of San Antonio and surrounding areas.
Thank you for all of the support and recognition this year. PVA wishes you and your family a safe and healthy new year!