PVA will provide you post-procedure instructions specific to your procedure and medical history.
Here are a few things to remember after your procedure:
- Wash your hands before and after touching any incision
- Inspect your incision every day for any abnormalities like redness, drainage and sign of infection
- You will need to see your doctor to remove any staples
- If you have any steri-strips, do not pull or try to remove yourself
- Follow the specific activity instructions given to you by your doctor
- It is important to rest and take pain medication as instructed